Shahid Kapoor photographed at an event in Mumbai.

00:42 Unknown 0 Comments



Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor said that it is an achievement for Alia Bhatt to be compared to Kareena Kapoor Khan.

At the trailer launch of his upcoming film Shaandaar, when Shahid was asked about the similarities between Alia and Kareena, he said: "First of all, it's a big compliment for Alia that she's compared to Kareena, since she's an extremely established actress and has done some notable work. I don't see any similarity between the two, since I feel Alia is an original actress and so is Kareena."

"I did Jab We Met with Kareena many years ago, and now I'm doing Shaandaar with Alia. The only common aspect is that I am doing a love story. But other than that, I think both are phenomenal actors. Both of them are fantastic in their own ways," he added. 

The Haider actor also spoke about how Alia agreed upon Udta Punjab in just two days despite the film's dark subject. Directed by Abhishek Chaubey, Udta Punjab also features Kareena apart from Shahid and Alia. 

"I think Alia has her own journey, making some brave decisions. In the past 15-20 years, I haven't seen any other actress taking such brave decisions," said Shahid.

Produced by Phantom Films and Karan Johar's Dharma Productions, Shaandaar has been directed by Vikas Bahl, who had previously directed 2014 film Queen

Shaandaar is scheduled to release this October on Dussehra.

0 comments: